Wednesday, February 8, 2012

La la la LOOOOOOVE is in the air.


Valentine's day is such a bogus holiday. I'm not even going to lie. It is the most pointless holiday right after Groundhog's day, and both of these come in the same month.
I would say we should all just get rid of February, but since it's so short I think I can tolerate it.
Besides Valentine's day being extremely dumb, I really do like chocolate.
...I mean, who doesn't, right?
And if you're cheap, like me, you will find a reason to NOT buy that huge heart box filled with delicious tiny morsels of perfect chocolate with a mystery filling inside.
{Okay, that's a lie. I buy myself nice chocolates all the time. I spend like 80% of my money on food. I'm not sorry.}
But, if you're cheap and need to get your girlfriend [or yourself, for all da single ladiez] some nice chocolates for  the most pointless Hallmark holiday ever, this is the blog post for you.


This is all you need.
Chocolate. [Any type you want] and heavy cream.
All you want to do is break up the chocolate into a small bowl


Then add half as much cream as there is chocolate.
Make sure you know your measurements.
{.5 Tablespoon=1oz}


Then place this bowl over a pot of simmering water, and melt it all into a nice creamy mixture.


Then, cover it and put it in the fridge
(or freezer, depending on how impatient you are.)


BAM FRIDGE
Okay so them once it's sat for about an hour or two, pull it out of the fridge.


Beautiful.
This is where the real work comes into play. 
Gather up whatever you want to cover your truffles in.
More chocolate, sprinkles, cookie crumbles, nuts, whatever your sweet little darling heart desires, and line them all up in little bowls.


{I used sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles. And it's like glitter. It gets EVERYWHERE}
Well, I mean, I guess the little bowls aren't really necessary, but since my mother has an obsession with tiny bowls, we have a lot.
So just scoop little bits of your truffle chocolate stuff and then roll it in your palms to form a little ball, and then roll that around in your topping.






Boom.
Happy Valentine's Day, my lovelies. 
And remember, if you don't have a special someone on this bogus day of love, you always have me. 
xoxoxo <3









No comments:

Post a Comment