Thursday, September 20, 2012

How to make a freaking delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte.

It's {almost} officially fall. 
That means any and all devilbucks drinkers go crazy over their pumpkin spice latte.

From here

Now, let's set something straight. I was a barista. I enjoy a good cup of coffee. I enjoy pretty coffee art. Et cetera.

...And I am not a Starbucks drinker.


Yeah. And I'll let you in on a secret. all they do for a pumpkin spice latte is add in a shot of HFCS-filled syrup. 
[Say what????]
What.

Anyway, let's make our own and rebel against Starbucks and their syrup.
-Buy a can of pumpkin puree.
-Brew a really strong cup of coffee.
{I use the smallest cup setting on my Keurig brewer}
-Take a heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin puree, and stir it into your coffee. Add your favorite sweetener (to taste) and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and any other spices you see fit (Cardamom, nutmeg, etc). 
[I don't add too much, because I don't like feeling the spices in my coffee. It's unpleasant to me, but I do add some.]
-Heat up about a cup of milk.
(If you have a milk frother/foamer whatever like I do, use this to achieve the ultimate latte. Otherwise, using warm milk is basically the same thing.)
-Pour the milk right over the coffee/pumpkin spice mixture


BAM LATTE.

I like this better than adding pumpkin and spices and sugar to a regular cup of coffee, because although you are using brewed coffee, not espresso, you can still achieve the latte effect, with the small amount of coffee to the foamed milk ratio that we have going on here. 
I have seen other recipes that suggest mixing up "pumpkin milk", and that was pretty delicious, but it had all the spices in there which I didn't like. With this recipe (It's not really a recipe, more like a tutorial, but whatever this is a food blog, everything is a recipe.), it is completely customizable and you can add as much or as little of anything as you want. I just wanted to bestow upon you the knowledge that I have, having worked with coffee before. 

So, enjoy my lovely darling friends.
xoxo
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment