Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I stumbled upon this recipe a while ago, and I have kept it in my recipes folder for a few months.
When my dear friend Julie's birthday came up, I searched through that recipes folder in search of the perfect birthday cookie. 
I personally prefer taste over festive-ness 
(so that's why I didn't choose a decorative, sprinkle covered cookie)
So these were perfect for my dear friend, who, of course loves chocolate. 
{Like any birthday girl does}

I was talking to my mom [the best woman in the world] about how I could incorporate peanut butter to these already delicious chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
She brought up peanut butter chips, like chocolate chips except different.
I never knew they existed!
(They're made by Reese's, you can find them by the chocolate chips.)
These cookies are seriously the best things that have ever come out of my oven.
{I'm definitely going to say that a lot about lots of other things-I get easily excited.}

I highly recommend refrigerating the batter before you scoop it onto the cookie sheet.
It's very sticky!
Also, I must warn you that although they seem super sweet by looking at them, these cookies are dangerous.
Dangerous in the sense that you could eat at least five of them and not have that "Oh-my-god-I-just-ate-five-cookies" feeling.
Dangerous meaning you really shouldn't make them unless you plan on giving them away.
Dangerous meaning, DO NOT MAKE A DOUBLE BATCH LIKE I JUST DID.
So, without further ado, the recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
(From here)
·         1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
·         3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
·         1 1/4 teaspoon salt
·         3/4 tsp baking soda
·         2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
·         1 cup sugar
·         2/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
·         2 tsp pure vanilla extract
·         2 large eggs
·       Chocolate chips (To taste)
         Peanut Butter chips (To taste)

Preheat the oven to 375 F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed for about 2 minute, until smooth. Add the sugars and beat for another 3 minutes or so, until well-blended and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each egg goes in. {Make sure the mixture is very fluffy. If unsure, beat a little more. }
Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients in 3 portions, mixing only until each addition is incorporated. Stop the mixer and fold the chocolate chips in with a rubber spatula.
(Refrigerating the dough for about half an hour is a really good idea, but if you don't have time, be prepared to have very messy hands, not that it's a bad thing..)
Roll the cookies in to 2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet with 2 inches between.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are crisp at the edges and gooey in the center. Pull the sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to rest for 1 minute, then carefully, using a wide metal spatula, transfer them to racks to cool to room temperature.
Repeat with the remainder of the dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment